Web Design Abergavenny, South Wales and West of England
If you’re looking for an effective web design and live in the South Wales (Gwent) or West of England area, we can help you. Whatever you decide, we have put together this guide to choosing the right web designer for your project.
What To Look For In A Good Web Design
When choosing someone to carry out your web design project, there are a few things that you need to consider:
- Get yourself educated. It’s a good idea to educate yourself with some of the basic web design techniques. Having some idea of what to expect from a web designer is always advisable. This means that you will have some idea of what to look for in a good design and age structure, both with the content and the look of the site. You will know when it’s right to be critical or be happy with the work done on your new website.
Not being aware of these things may lead you to be potentially misled and you could spend a lot of money for a site that is of no benefit to your business. This is not a scenario you want to find yourself facing.
So, be sure to do your research and find out what you can about the web design industry and the basic techniques so you can avoid any of the potential problems that may arise from having no idea of what web design entails.
- Communicate with people. Talk to experts in web design if you can. Ask questions so you can learn the ins and outs of web design services.
If it’s possible, talk to some designer’s former clients and ask them about the services they received. This is a good way to learn from their mistakes as well as their achievements.
Don’t aimlessly look at lots of great sites, but try to understand the reason why they are best. It will be a lot easier to know exactly what you need to be focusing on for your project.
- It’s not only the “look” of the site that matters. Graphic design is not the only thing to consider when choosing a web designer. It may be an important thing to to think about, it’s a small part of what makes a feasible and lucrative website.
There has to be a recognised structure to the make up of the web site. If the designer puts the emphasis on form, then that could be pretty dangerous. Next, is his organisational skill. Is he good in organising a page layout? Good navigation and ease of getting around your site is also important. Why? Because visitors can get bored easily. Easy navigation is essential to stop this. The most important factor to consider, however, is the ‘call to action’.
The web designer must be aware of what the purpose of the site is in order to keep it relevant. Is the site a lead generation tool or is it to sell a specific product or service? It may be that you use your site as your online “pamphlet”, which should still show some means of contacting you to get the lead by the way.
The website is there to serve a goal. Be sure the web designer is focused on that goal!
- The lowest bidder may not be that good. It is not just about getting the website done. It is about getting it done the right way! Quality may sometimes have a crucial link with price because of the maxim – You get what you pay for! Some web designers who have the lowest rates may be inexperienced and hard to work with (this is not always the case, so be sure to keep doing your proper research). Whatever you do, don’t let “cheap” rule your decision. If you want to take your business online, do it the RIGHT way at the start. Quality does sometimes come at a price, but it’s better to get it done correctly the first time or it could cost you dearly in the end or kill your online ambition for your business entirely!
At Barrie Evans Marketing we ensure that your needs are met. We comply with the above at all times and will come up with an affordable bespoke solution for you and your business. Find out more by filling out the form below or call us on 07724 743732.
- Affordable Web Design for South Wales and West
- Web designers Abergavenny
- Website design and marketing consultants Monmouthshire
- Internet marketing and web design service South Wales
- Marketing agency and web designers in Gwent